Monday, September 5, 2011

Top o' the Mornin'!

'Ello, world. This time, I had the pleasure of interviewing the wonderful Amy Coleman, my RA from last year.

1. What is your full name and date of birth?

Amy Maria Coleman / December 4th 1988

2. Which session do you prefer?

This has nothing to do with the students, but I would honestly say session 2. Yes, you are a bit more tired/brain-dead, but you are more comfortable on campus, you are more confident (especially as a first time RA) and you have a better idea of what works and what doesn't.


3. What do RAs do when they're alone together?

Obviously we devote a considerable amount of time to co-ordinating and planning activities for the good of the camp. Apart from that...we Sporcle! This year, Dane, Will Kelly and I were very competitive sporclers.

4. Do you think you're an Irish cliché? Do you say "Top o' the mornin'!"?

In fact I have never met a single person who says 'Top o' the mornin' except in a hilarious movie called 'Leap Year' which you should definitely see for a comical view of Ireland as a really backwards country whose electricity supply can't cope w/ American cellphones. Amy Adams plugs in her blackberry and the electricity goes out. This is a common occurrence in Ireland actually.
I think I am a mixture of Taylor Swift and Glinda from Wicked. I know my students and co-workers would agree.
But I do love Lucky Charms.


5. Who is your favorite Irish celebrity?

One of my favourite bands, Snow Patrol, are Irish but for entertainment purposes I would say 'Jedward' who are twin boys from Dublin who think they can sing. Must-see.

6. What is your favorite and least favorite canon song?

My favourite is definitely definitely American Pie. I LOVE it. I love the traditions and dancing in the middle with everybody and I love talking to new RAs afterwards once they have experienced their first American Pie.
I don't really think I have a least favourite. I don't really like songs that I don't know the words to though.


7. What was your favorite activity you ran this year?
I have two.

During second session Jess Newby and I ran a daily called American Pie 101 where we taught and sang the lyrics of American Pie, co-run with the amazing Claire Baradat, which was great because it involved singing (see Taylor Swift answer above) and also American Pie.
I also did Wicked Appreciation with Dane which was terrific because Dane painted green is one of my favourite things.

8. Where is your favorite place to go within LMU?

As you have probably noticed, I generally have problems picking favourites. I am quite indecisive. I really like going on the bluff as it's peaceful and you can get an awesome view of a Storequest off Lincoln Blvd.
But I love going to the pool too. In Ireland I rarely get to spend time outdoors as it's constantly raining so swimming outside in hot weather is a huge luxury for me.

9. Has any of your halls ever spread a rumor about you, particularly *wink wink* the girls of 2010 Session 2?

No, I don't know what you are talking about?

10. If you were to conquer LMU, which dorm would be your fortress, which two RAs (one male, one female) would you enlist, and which buildings would you seize first?

Sullivan would definitely be my fortress. I wouldn't get distracted washing my hands/looking at myself in the mirror like Victor may in Doheny, and I would have a wealth of weaponry and staples at hand.
The two RAs I would choose would be Dane and Jess Newby and we would seize Doheny first.

No comments:

Post a Comment